Innovation is reaching new heights in the health sector, in large part to the advancement of new technologies and innovative business models. We have listed the 10 most innovative companies in the health industry below:
- ONE MEDICAL – The national leader in technology-enabled primary care. One Medical is making primary care affordable, accessible, and convenient for it’s patients.
- APPLE – They developed CareKit, an open-source platform that allows developers to aggregate and share health data collected on apple devices, to create apps which benefit the caregivers and the patient.
- ALIVECOR – Is the leader in mobilized heart monitoring. Kardia, their FDA-Cleared mobile EKG device is second to none. By tracking your heart activity, AliveCor is trying to identify and prevent strokes.
- GE HEALTHCARE – Is reducing pain points at health care facilities through the development of hardware and software technologies to solve the most pressing problems in health care.
- KAISER PERMANENTE – Has integrated technology for virtual office visits, which has reduced costs and improved the quality of care for its patients.
- PROPELLER HEALTH – Helps patients and physicians better understand asthma and COPD through the development of technology.
- VERILY – Is incubating a number of experimental health initiatives, from smart contact lenses, to stablilizing spoons for people with Parkinson’s disease.
- OMADA HEALTH – The largest diabetes prevention program in the U.S., which has become the first digital health company to receive reimbursement form the federal government.
- GLOBAL KINETICS CORPORATION – The Maker of the Personal KinetiGraph, a wearable that tracks movement in Parkinson’s patients, and helps to remind them when to take their medications. It also provides information to their doctor for a more accurate diagnosis.
- LEVITA MAGNETIC – The developers of Magnetic Surgery, a system that uses magnets to allow for single port surgery. This procedure scarminimizes incision points, in turn reducing scarring and pain for the patient.
The future is looking bright with the innovation of new systems and technologies like those listed above. Can’t wait to see what’s next…. The cure for cancer?