Photo Credit: normalcooking.files.wordpress.com
How is this type of recipe able to exist?!?
My love for spinach artichoke dip is unexplainable.
I love it so…yet I always feel like I could die via heart attack after consuming an ungodly amount (probably like 4 times the recommended serving size… it’s fine).
Here’s a lightened up version for you with one of my FAVORITE cheeses of the moment, GOAT CHEESE.
This recipe is
- so creamy,
- and spinachy
- and it will make all of your dreams come true, no exaggeration.
- 1 (14 oz) can of artichoke hearts
- 1 (10 oz) package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- ¼ cup low fat mayo
- ¼ cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cups low or reduced fat (part-skim) parmesan
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Grease an 8×8 glass or porcelain baking dish (or you can use a round dish around the same size).
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (BUT RESERVE ½ cup parm and set aside for later use).
- Add garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, sprinkle with reserved parmesan and bake for another 8 minutes (or until bubbly!).
Serve immediately! Can be re-heated in a microwave or oven, if need be.
Serve with tortilla chips, celery sticks, or pita chips!
I promise you won’t leave the party (or your couch) with any morsels leftover.
Which is quite unfortunate really because leftover spinach artichoke dip is SO WORTH EATING AGAIN.
To solve that issue, just double the recipe and let the spinach artichoke dip flow for dayssssssss.
Anyways, BON APETIT!