WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Getting a great cardio workout doesn’t need to come from a long run or strenuous swim; you can get a great cardio workout in your living room with some simple moves.
- By utilizing bodyweight exercises that you may already be familiar with, you can get a cardio workout.
- Doing these moves—such as plank jacks, high knees, and other familiar bodyweight favorites—will elevate your heart rate when performed at a quick pace.
- Some of these elements can be incorporated during your day-to-day routine, such as taking the stairs at work for a brisk calorie-burning walk into the office.
Maybe the weather isn’t great or traffic on the way to the gym is horrendous. If you don’t want to leave your living room, you can still get in a great cardio workout with exercises that may already be familiar to you. Changing the pace and frequency of these bodyweight exercises can provide a great cardio workout as well as strength training.
- Original Articale Greatist.com, from 35 Cardio-Based Bodyweight Exercises, November 24, 2015