Photo Credit: freakdeluxe.co.uk
So it’s Sunday night/Monday morning and you’ve gone off the rails a little bit this weekend.
Welcome to the club.
It’s true – everybody does it, but there are good and bad ways to carry on once it has happened.
The first thing you need to do is the get over it. Move on.
- Now is not the time for guilt or depression.
- Dwelling on it is almost the least product thing you could do at this point.
- Instead, it’s time to recommit to your program LIKE A BOSS!
Take these steps:
1. Make A Plan To Exercise!
The plan could be as simple as “I’m packing my gym bag today because at lunchtime and I’m running on outside/on the treadmill for 30 minutes.”
Your plan must include:
- WHEN (what time of day) you’re going to work out,
- WHERE you will do it, and
- WHAT you’ll need to make sure it happens (gym bag, tunes, contact lenses, whatevs).
Exercise is one of the best things you can do to break the cycle, it has both physical and emotional benefits (think RESOLVE), so don’t skip this step!
2. Pack Your Lunch!
Because you have more CONTROL over what goes into your mouth if you make it yourself.
3. Skip The Sugar and Processed Foods Today! (Caution: Language)
Sugar and processed foods spike your blood sugar and make you crave more.
So stick to veggies and lean proteins, or whatever your eating program is.
Today is the day for following it like it was your first day!
4. Eat Dinner At Home!
Again with the control over what you put in your body.
If you just had a weekend of crappy eating, it’s time to recommit to your kitchen (and for bonus points, maybe make up some quick healthy grab-and-go meals for the rest of the week)!
Good luck – and remember – no dwelling.
Here’s to moving on and getting back to business!