Counting down the hours till Happy Hour?
Not only does alcohol add calories to your diet, but it also affects your overall metabolism.
Although it’s a myth that alcohol slows down your metabolism, when we consume alcohol, our bodies convert it into other substances.
This process makes the body:
Burn fat at a slower pace, because it will be working on burning off the alcohol before the calories from carbs, fats and proteins.
Alcohol will also:
- Impair your body’s ability to burn fat as a source of energy.
- Will convert the calories into body fat and be stored permanently on your body.
No thank you!
Secondly, did you know that:
Alcohol is a natural diuretic, causing water loss and dehydration?
This will promote drinking more, but unfortunately, it will be additional alcoholic beverages versus water.
A good rule of thumb when drinking alcohol is to have a glass of water in between each drink.
- Help prevent dehydration.
- Give you a fuller feeling in your tummy, thus you might not consume as much alcohol.
Alcohol contains 7 calories per gram!!!! It has zero nutritional value and is just EMPTY CALORIES. I would much rather eat my calories versus drink them!
Aside from how alcohol is processed by the body, it also:
- Changes how you’re thinking and judgment work.
- Lowers your inhibitions.
- Causes you to overeat.
- Results in you picking at foods that you would normally steer away from such as peanuts, pretzels, and chips!
We don’t even realize we are doing hand-to-mouth movements when we drink because we are socializing, and it comes naturally.
Alcohol is definitely the enemy when it comes to weight loss.
It adds extra calories, promotes poor food choices, and changes your body’s fat burning process. So, if you’re watching your weight, make the smart choice and watch your waistline slim down.
Say no to the empty calories. Say no to alcohol.
How do you prevent yourself from drinking your calories?