Photo Credit: i.huffpost.com
The benefits of sex, good or bad, go far beyond the bedroom, kitchen or bathroom…depending on your location preference!
Not only does sex feel good, but it has many other health benefits.
Multi-tasking at its finest!
and you don’t even have to do the extra work!!!
Without futher ado, here are the besides-it-feelin’-good benefits!!!
1. Sex Helps Keep Your Immune System Happily Buzzing Along!
People that are more sexually active have higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other bad toxins.
Studies have been done that show people who have sex once or twice a week have higher levels of the certain antibodies that fight off germs versus those that had sex less often.
So, take less sick days… and have more sex!
Of course, you should still eat right, stay active, get enough sleep AND be safe!
2. Sex Pumps Up Your Libido!
The more sex you have, the better sex will be: thus increasing your libido.
For women, having sex:
• increases vaginal lubrication,
• increases blood flow, and
• increases elasticity…
which all make sex feel ether, and will make us crave it more!
3. Sex Improves Women’s Bladder Control!
You can circumvent incontinence by making sure you have a strong pelvic floor.
Incontinence affects about 30% of women at some point in their lives.
Good sex is like a killer workout for your pelvic floor muscles. Especially when you orgasm, this contracts all those muscles, which strengthens them.
4. Sex Counts As Exercise!!!! Woot Woot!!!
I guess we can say we got in our daily exercise on the days we have sex. Love it!!!
Sex definitely doesn’t replace the treadmill or any workout DVD, but it is truly a great form of exercise.
• Sex burns away 5 calories per minute, while
• Watching TV only burns 1 calorie per minute!
(So, tell your partner to turn that damn TV off.)
It also bumps up your heart rate and you are using many different muscles.
5. Sex Lowers Your Blood Pressure…Not During But After!!
A good sex life is good for your heart.
Besides raising your heart rate, it helps
• keep your estrogen and testosterone levels all in balance.
When your estrogen and testosterone levels are lower, you are
• less likely to have heart disease plus sex
• helps keeps your blood pressure low.
So, the take away???
Have more sex, more often….and build those pelvic floors!!!!
Stay tuned for 5 more benefits of sex, other than it feeling great.