Avocados have been touted as modern health food with a touch of sophistication. No wonder, they are on the menus of all the plush restaurants in town. Now, here is a Spanish fruit company by Isla Bonita called “Avocado Light”. This is a low calorie and low fat version of a conventional avocado with 30% less fat than its conventional counterpart is.
This strain of avocado has a mild flavour and a fleshier and lighter pulp. This makes it ideal for making smoothies, gazpachos, cocktails and cold soup. The Avocado Light is longer lasting than the conventional fruit as it oxidizes slower. Since it is engineered by man, it is also available all through the year.
What Avocado Light contains:
By eating, just one fruit of the avocado can give you enough nutrition for a healthy diet. It contains vitamins, dietary fiber, oleic acid, glutathione and minerals, making the avocado a very healthy food.
Is the Avocado Light a healthy fruit?
Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids, which stimulate a good blood lipid profile. In fact, it has a number of health benefits, such as:
- Gives a satiated feeling: It is rich in fat and fiber, which makes just one serving of it enough to keep you feeling full for longer. This also helps lower cholesterol levels.
- Helps in weight loss: According to studies, those who eat avocados lose weight and can maintain their lost weight. They are also less prone to overeating and have smaller waists.
- A heart-healthy fruit: The fat contained in this fruit has been proved to be heart-healthy and actually lowers bad cholesterol.
- Aids in preventing cancer: Avocado could help reduce the ill effects of chemotherapy in human lymphocytes. It prevents the growth of prostate cancer cells.
- Reduces blood pressure: Avocado Light is rich in potassium, making it ideal to reduce blood pressure, which is a huge risk factor for kidney failure, heart attacks and strokes.
- The fact that eating avocados is an easy way to get full makes having an avocado prior to the main course of a meal can help cut back on food calories without leaving you starving thereafter. This in turn reduces diet-associated stress making it easy to follow through with your diet.
- Treats constipation: Being rich in dietary fibre, avocados can cure you of constipation. It also stimulates health bowel movements, which prevents an unnecessary toxin build-up in the body.
- Improves liver functioning: Avocados contain glutathione that works to improve liver functioning that help flush out body waste.
- Antioxidants protect the eyes: Avocados are rich in antioxidants and can increase the absorption of antioxidants from other foods, such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which are very good for excellent vision. According to studies, these nutrients are directly linked to a lowered risk of cataracts, as seen in seniors.
To sum up
Whether you eat the light strain of the avocado or the conventional one, you still stand to gain all the health benefits of this amazing fruit. So, choose the one you want to go with and enjoy all the health benefits of the avocado.