WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The overall frantic nature of the holidays drains you of energy and lowers your ability to say “no” to things like treats, parties and snacks
- The secret to staying strong this time of year is simply to have a plan and stick to it
- Focus on having a meal plan, improving sleep and exercising portion control for best results
We all know that the holidays are stressful for a number of reasons, but did you ever think that you could rise above all that anxiety if you only had a plan?
Follow a few simple rules and you can certainly escape the terror of holiday weight gain, at the very least.
- Choose your top five healthy meals and stick with them
- Park in the farthest spot on shopping excursions
- Don’t abandon strength training in the winter months
- Explore supplements to help improve sleep quality
- Exercise portion control by using a bag of allowable snacks
The best strategies will vary from person to person, but it’s a start!
Original Article: A Disciplined Diet: Your Strategy for Holiday Willpower, Greatist.com, 12/10/15