Photo Credit: paleotreats.com
YES! With Paleo Treats!
When I think of Paleo, the image of the GEICO caveman comes to mind, and it’s totally understandable.
The Paleo lifestyle does mimic the diet of our hunter-gather ancestors and its advocates kinda survive off of the land in a sense because they only consume fruits, vegetables, lean meats, seafood, nuts, seeds and healthy fats.
You won’t find any dairy, grains, processed foods or sugars, legumes, starches or alcohol here.
• If our caveman brothers couldn’t find it or hunt it, then you pretty much can’t eat it.
This type of lifestyle can be a bit of challenge to follow since we live in an over- processed, and cheese-obsessed world, but more delicious options are popping up left and right to help you stay Paleo.
Desserts Gone Paleo
Since processed foods and sugar are out of the question, Paleo fans are extremely limited in their dessert options. Sure, you could go off track and eat a regular, white flour and sugar processed dessert, but my guess is your stomach will hate you later for it.
Instead, reach for something truly Paleo that’s delicious, doesn’t taste like cardboard and strictly follows the Paleo guidelines as far as ingredients are concerned.
Paleo Treats Background
Founded in 2009 with his wife and buddy Dave, Nik (one of the owners) decided to take the Paleo game to the next level.
He initially tried the Paleo lifestyle because it seemed to make sense.
• The approach to nutrition and the way the lifestyle focused on the ingredients just clicked for Nik and his team of self-described
“nature lovers or quality hounds or hell, taste slaves!”.
After a couple of years on Paleo, Nik noticed he was almost completely cured from allergies.
Let that soak in for a minute.
While he loved his new lifestyle thanks to having more energy and less allergy attacks he soon realized that it was impossible to find dessert options that followed Paleo perfectly.
He decided it was time to change that.
• With Paleo Treats, all ingredients are 100% Paleo approved.
• There are no questionable sweeteners
• There are no f*ck!ng Stevia surprises
• Most treats are even lightly sweetened with honey.
Nik and his team made it their mission to make these tasty treats as good if not better than comparable, non-Paleo options.
Oh yeah, these aren’t f*ck!ng protein bars either.
These are desserts.
They’re not designed to keep you full for hours on end or low cal by any means.
They’re just delicious, decadent desserts.
This group of hippies also brings their motto of Bring Quality, Beauty and Joy to the World in everything they do. They’re also not a douche-bag type of company either. If you’re unhappy with your purchase, they’ll give you a full refund no questions asked and no arguments needed.
Paleo Treats Rocked My World
Let’s talk about them treats though. The Paleo Treats are made by hand in a bakery and come in five over-the-top flavors which all seriously rocked my world.
Starting with the Bandito, this is the best tasting “peanut butter cup” around (Reese’s does NOT have a thing on the Bandito).
Your taste buds and your body will thank you for switching to this one.
• Hints of coconut and vanilla are combined with delicious almond butter
• Everything is covered by chocolate that actually tastes like chocolate should
• As the owner’s favorite, this one is definitely in my top choices, too
The Mustang bar may look similar to a granola bar… Don’t be fooled, though!
• it has pumpkin seeds, almonds, raisins, and walnuts in it so it’s really easy to think that it’s just another granola bar, yet
• This is not a granola bar.
• This is a little piece of heaven.
• The Mustang bar is so perfectly balanced and flavorful that it might end up being one of your favorites.
Just when you’re ready to order the two above, here comes the Cacao!
The Cacao Now has an interesting assortment of yumminess including
• raisins, almonds, pistachios and goji berries on top of and
• in the middle of that mouth-watering chocolate.
• The mix caught my attention but the flavor had me drooling for more.
• This is exactly what happens when you combine quality ingredients with chocolate.
The Mac Attack is a Paleo version of a Macaroon!
This was another one I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into.
• I could immediately see toasted coconut and knew this was going to be good.
• It was like taking an Almond Joy, breaking it down and re-inventing it with much better ingredients that you could actually recognize.
• The taste was everything I had dreamed of and more.
The Brownie Bomb an easily be compared to, well, a BROWNIE!
• Cakelike-texture combined with walnuts makes it exactly like a traditional brownie.
• I have to warn you that this one is rich and not for anyone who does not absolutely love chocolate.
• The Brownie Bomb is also a great option for anyone on Paleo craving a traditional brownie.
• Note: With so many complex and amazing other options, I have to say that the Brownie Bomb would be the last one I would go for.
The other ones are just so damn good… and hard to resist.
No matter which flavor you choose, you’re in for more than a treat when you pick up Paleo Treats, you’re in for dessert done right (Paleo right too).
Real, quality ingredients combined with rich cacao or almond butter.
Try them out and let me know what you think!