WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- This is a quick and easy meal with 20 grams of muscle-building protein per serving.
Take your love of mac and cheese to the next level with this variation that can be incorporated into even the cleanest of meal plans. A dose of Greek yogurt helps bring the calorie count down and protein levels up, while favorite additions like goat cheese, mozzarella, and turkey help give the dish a hearty feel. Give this healthy mac and cheese recipe a try, we promise you won’t regret it!
- 4 Slices of Turkey Bacon
- 4-1/2 oz Ancient Harvest gluten-free quinoa macaroni (or use whole-wheat macaroni)
- 1-3/4 cup 2% Greek yogurt, divided
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Fresh chives
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Boil quinoa pasta and set aside.
- Slice bacon into pieces and cook in a nonstick skillet with garlic paste on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add one cup of Greek yogurt along with the goat cheese,
- chives, and mozzarella.
- Cook until the sauce is an even consistency.
- Let the sauce thicken, then remove from heat.
- Add macaroni and the rest of the Greek yogurt. Mix.